Festivus celebrants air grievances online; gripes include Tea Party, liberals, family, holidays

Dec 23, 2010

It's Festivus time. And as 2010 winds to a close, people have a lot of grievances to air.

Many web users, inspired by the fictional holiday created by Frank Costanza (Jerry Stiller) on "Seinfeld," are taking the time to kvetch about things that have irked them over the course of the year.

Luckily for those who do not have an aluminum pole to gather around, there is place online where everyone can lay blame. Allen Salkin, the writer who wrote the definitive book on the fake holiday, "Festivus: The Holiday for the Rest of Us" maintains a space for anonymous grousing.

Many chose to complain about the irritating nature of the holiday season.



"Last Christmas we agreed not to exchange gifts this year. Then at the last minute my friend calls and says she has a Christmas gift for me. Now I'm forced into buying her a gift,” someone posted. "This sucks!!! If we agreed not to give Christmas gifts. THEN WE AREN'T EXCHANGING GIFTS!!!!"

Another chose to air his rage at being screwed over by Santa as a child.

"When I was 5 (20 years ago) I went to the mall sat on Santa's lap and made him swear to bring me a basset hound. I was going to name him/her Floppy. I raced downstairs on the Chrismas morning ony to find a right handed baseball glove. I am LEFT handed. As such I am still very mad at santa and hate baseball."

"You calculate a points system for promotions based on some bogus need of the army. You leave soldiers waiting in the wings till after christmas cause you are run by a bunch of lazy retirees who should know what it was like when they were in and not take so long to release the points. I am fed up with your incompetence to do the most menial task in an ample amount of time."

"I realize that you have your right to be on the road, and I respect that. But just because you have the right doesn't mean that you won't be killed by a passing vehicle while you smoke, talk on the phone or just meander aimlessly...the wrong way...down a heavily trafficked one way street! Wake up Hipsters!"

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment