Ryan Seacrest talks Sacha Baron Cohen stunt: 'I definitely did not know he was going to do that.'

Feb 27, 2012

Ryan Seacrest figured he’d be spending his afternoon on the Oscars’ red carpet asking Hollywood’s elite, “Who are you wearing?” but he probably would have never guessed he’d be answering that question himself with, “The fake ashes of deceased North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, by Sacha Baron Cohen.” (Hey, at least he won’t have to compete with anyone else for “Who Wore It Best?”)

This morning, the live comedy victim discussed the talked-about moment on his radio show, when he told his listeners, “I was surprised, but not surprised.” Seacrest said of his instantly viral interaction with Cohen, who fought to bring his outrageous character from his upcoming comedy The Dictator to the Academy Awards, “I definitely did not know he was going to do that.”

“He comes over, and I asked him a couple of questions, but… You know that feeling in your gut. You feel like, ‘This is going too normally,’” Seacrest recalled, “I saw the urn coming up. It was getting closer to my chest, and then it tipped over, and it wasn’t the wind. He spilled it on my tuxedo.”

Check out video of the American Idol host below, just mere moments after the Cohen incident, in which a seemingly less peeved Seacrest (who tweeted immediately after the mishap “My mom always told me to pack two jackets for red carpets, always wondered why. Now I know”) joked about being covered in pancake mix after living a once carbohydrate-free existence. Seacrest dry cleaner out.



0 comments:

Post a Comment