Free Dunkin' Donuts Coffee for Giving Caffeinated Blood

Jan 4, 2011

Dunkin' Donuts is making me consider facing my fears. There are only two things that give me horrific anxiety: Driving in the snow (it's crippling, really) and needles. Ouch. Just thinking about getting a shot or giving blood hurts. The thought of being pricked with a needle for any extended amount of time makes me weak in the knees. But throw a free pound of coffee in the mix, and well, maybe I'll reconsider conquering my fear ... for a good cause, of course.

That's right. In honor of National Blood Donor Month, Dunkin' Donuts is offering free coffee to blood donors, but only if you live in select states.

Are you one of the lucky ones? Find out after the jump:

New Englanders, rejoice: If you live in New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, or Massachusetts, then you're eligible to receive free Dunkin' Donuts joe.

Throughout January, donors will be eligible to receive a coupon as a part of the "Give a Pint, Get a Pound" campaign, which can be redeemed for a free pound of coffee at any of the Dunkin' Donuts franchises.

I know what you're wondering ... a pound of coffee lasts for about two weeks tops, so can I donate twice in one month? Unfortunately, no. According to the American Red Cross, you can only donate once every 56 days. And even if that rule was a non-issue (such a good Samaritan, you are!), customers are limited to one coupon each.

In my mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong with offering some sort of incentive to get fraidy cats, like me, into blood donation clinics. More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day, and maybe I'm being a bit selfish just because of my fear of a little skin pinch.

However, I will say this: When I'm on the run, headed to the office on a chilly morning -- I'm thinking a gift certificate may be a bit easier for us working folks than fresh grounds, no? Ponder it, Dunkin' Donuts.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment