Skirvin Crying Baby

Dec 31, 2010

Skirvin Crying Baby,I flew to Oklahoma City on Wednesday through See during play a home game “on my bucket list. After the Nets beat the Zombies, I joined friends at Mickey Mantle (local restaurant) for a late dinner and some beers before heading back to my room. I stayed at the Skirvin, a local hotel that is supposed inhabited by a ghost named Effie. According to legend, Effie got hit by the guy who owned the hotel in the 1920s, then jumped from a window with the baby. She was allegedly haunting the place since.

When we were in control, I jokingly asked the clerk to put me on one floor haunted. She said she did. We laughed and that was the end of it. That night, I was so tired that ghost stories never entered my mind. I prepared for bed, called my wife, watched 10 minutes of “SportsCenter” and fell asleep. So you know I am a heavy sleeper. Once I got out, I’m out.

That’s what makes it so strange when I woke up at 4:30 with a beating heart. I swear on Tom Brady’s ACL that the following events: Initially, I heard a baby crying and I realized why I woke up. I thought it was one of my own children before remembering that my kids are not babies, then remembering that I was in Oklahoma City, not Los Angeles. Suddenly it dawned on me that I was not alone. I had an unbearable feeling that someone else was in the room. Until you’ve experienced this feeling, you can not understand what it is. Your blood is humming in your veins at 200 mph; you do not understand why – your body reacts a few seconds before your brain does.

I decided to turn on the light. Stretching my right to switch out of nowhere, I heard the sound of (what sure as hell looked like) a baby who cries urgently to my extreme left (right near the window). Wahhhhhhh. Wahhhhhh. Wahhhhhh. Wahhhhhhh. The emergency and I freaked out as much as him to cry. I fumbled for the switch, could not find it, dig, dig a little more, then finally turned on the light. The sound stopped crying. I jumped out of bed and turned on every light in the room. I turned on the television and pushed the volume. Then I grabbed my Blackberry and googled “Skirvin baby cry.”

I kept the lights on. And television. And that’s how I spent the next three hours and half and half-asleep, half awake and totally scared. The words “Man Up” do not enter the equation. Not even a little. I came to Oklahoma City to Durant and Westbrook left and tell stories about Baby Effie. Just know that the next time someone tells me a ghost story, I think.

http://usspost.com/skirvin-crying-baby-25010/

0 comments:

Post a Comment